Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Young Adult Recommendations by Guest Reviewer Derenda

My best suggestions for young boy readers, say 8-12'ish, is John Flanagan's Ranger Apprentice Series. It's fabulous! I got it for my son but I was the one on the thrill ride. It's about the life of an orphan, Will, and his friends. It is  set in a Robin Hood like time period, with swords, mystery, and a twist no one saw coming. I was so eager to get this series, I ordered them all. I have since passed them out, doubting I ever have the series complete again! ha!

My best shape shifter series for teens is Shiver and Linger by Maggie Stiefvater. Her last book in this trilogy comes out in June, I believe. It's called Forever. I enjoyed this series as Grace discovers the true identity of the wolf, Sam, that has spent his life watching her. Its a beautiful first love experience. In Linger, the story continues with a role reversal and potential heart break that will have you literally screaming NO! at the end of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment